Surface Mounted Mail Sorters Provide Effective Sorting
When presented with the choice of a tabletop or a surface mounted mail sorter many buyers choose the wall hung unit for a multitude of reasons. The wall hung office organizer allows the buyer to maximize their floor space which is often a primary concern for a growing business. In addition, the wall mounted mail cubby allows the station sorting employee to stand when distributing documents to the organizer which many feel improves productivity. The surface mounted document sorter is also a great literature organizer because of the stable installation which due to the unit’s steel back and manufacturer provided steel brackets can handle the weight of the factory rated capacity of five pounds per pocket. The wall hung organizer is available in an array of laminate finishes for the organizer’s shell and an assortment of paint finishes for the shelves.
Features & Specifications
- Wall hung mail sorters are available with closed sorter back only
- Letter or legal mail sorter modules have forty two adjustable shelves with forty eight pocket openings
- Sorter overall dimensions: 26 1/2"H x 74 3/4"W x 12 1/4"D (letter size) or 16 1/4" (legal size)
- Wall hung office organizers include manufacturer furnished steel brackets which must be field installed at wall studs
- Internal mail sorter housing hardware that secures shelves in place and also commonly called uprights are painted black
- Wall hung mail sorter steel back provides a stable installation and the sorter back is painted in the same finish as the buyer sorter shelf finish selection
- Wall mounted mail sorter shell and vertical dividers with the exception of steel sorter back to support wall hanging are built out of 3/4" 45-50 lb. substrate (particle board) with thermally fused finish and included factory matched 3/8" PVC on edges
- 3/8" PVC trim will be in the color referenced in color and trim matching chart which can be located in supporting documents area above
- Legal and letter literature organizers include one shelf (adjustable in 1" increments) for every three inches providing 2 1/2" clearance between shelves
- Steel mail sorter shelves have a 90 degree 1/2" lip label area with center cut out for easy retrieval of the sorter’s pocket contents
- Custom or color matched exterior or interior mail center sorter shell finishes (requires additional lead-time) are offered for an additional charge
- Depth can be chosen in letter size (12 1/4") or legal size (16 1/4") which allows a net opening for letter sort modules of 11 1/4"W x 11 1/4"D or legal office sorters of 11 1/4"W x 15 1/4"
- Allow for 3 to 4 weeks for delivery (lead-times can vary during peak production periods)
Mail Sorter Overall Depth
(STANDARD) 12 1/4" (Letter size) sorter depth is the choice for storing documents that are 8 ½”W x 11” and is usually adequate for most customer applications.
(+$90.00) 16 1/4 (Legal size) sorter depth is for shoppers who want extra storage space for their documents.
Finishes for Shelves
(STANDARD) Finishes for wall mounted mail sorter shelves are grouped into three categories which are standard, non-standard, and premium colors. Standard painted finishes can be ordered in your pick of eight color alternatives. Please take note that for wall hung mail sorters the back of the sorter shell will be painted the identical color as the buyer selected shelf finish selection. Standard finishes are the most economical cost finish category for mail organizer shelves and are finished by the factory quicker than non-standard or premium finishes.
(+$65.00) Non-standard finishes are available in nine color selections. Usually, non-standard finishes are an extra charge for the shopper and take an additional 1-2 weeks for production by the factory.
(+$130.00) Premium finishes are available at an upcharge and often require an additional two weeks for shipment. The premium painted finishes available for surface mounted mail sorter shelves are pure white, ivory and soft white color.
Finishes for Mail Sorter Shell
(STANDARD) The wall hung mail sorter shell (except steel sorter back) is finished in a high quality laminate. The laminate finish provides durability and is attractive also. Custom color matching is available if inquired about however it often results in an extra cost and extended lead-time. Please note that wall hung mail sorters have a steel shell back and are finished the same as the mail center sorter’s shelves.
Label Holder Option
(+$48.00) Label holders allow the buyer to identify each pocket opening. If this option is purchased you will be provided with the applicable amount of clear plastic label holders with double sided tape and cardboard inserts for a custom marking for each pocket opening.